General Terms & Conditions
The following general terms and conditions apply to the activities described on the Release & Waiver of Liability:
- Exercise of Care. I promise to exercise the highest standard of care in being watchful and alert for potential dangers to myself, the horse and equipment, other persons, and the property of others, so that no injuries or losses shall occur.
- Horse Control. I also promise to exert every effort to control the horse which I may be riding or which I rented, as well as other horses in my presence so that no bodily injury or property damage is inflicted upon others.
- Head Gear. I acknowledge that Trinity Farm L.L.C Instructors have advised me that while mounting, riding, dismounting and otherwise being around horses, I should wear a SEI certified ASTM standard F1163 Equestrian Helmet. I understand that the wearing of such head gear while mounting, riding, dismounting and otherwise being around horses may prevent or reduce the severity of some of the wearer's head injuries and possibly prevent the wearer's death as a result of a fall or other occurrences. If the headgear has been obtained from Trinity Farm L.L.C Instructors and riding facility, I acknowledge that it may not be of a perfect fit and that I will be solely responsible for securing the helmet at all times. If I am a student, I agree to wear such headgear at all times while riding.
- Natural Conditions. I am aware that weather conditions, water, wild and domestic animals, insects, reptiles, or objects which may walk, run or fly near, or bite or sting a horse, and the existence of potential hazards in the natural terrain or man made objects may scare a horse, cause it to fall, or cause it to react in an unsafe and unpredictable manner. I hereby assume all risk of injury to myself or my property as a result of such actions by the horse regardless of the cause.
- Safety Precautions. I agree to observe all necessary safety precautions while mounting, riding, dismounting or being around horses including, but not limited to, common sense and rules posted on the premises of Riding Facility where Trinity Farm L.L.C Instructors are teaching. Without limiting the foregoing, such precautions include not carrying loose items which may fall, blow away, flap in the wind, bounce or make sharp noises and making sure that saddle girths, which may loosen during a ride, are appropriately tightened at all times. I will obey all posted rules.
- Understanding of Risks. I am aware that horseback riding, whether it be on the trail or in the arena, as well as all associated activities, constitutes a calculated risk to the participants and that such activities involve inherent risks and dangers, including serious injury or death. I have sufficient experience with horses to understand the unpredictability and potentially dangerous character of horses generally and I understand that the use, handling, or riding of a horse always involves a risk of bodily injury to anyone who handles or rides horses as well as the risk of damaging the property of others. I understand that any horse irrespective of its training and usual past behavior and characteristics, whether characterized as gentle or otherwise, may act or react unpredictably at times based upon instinct or fright. I agree to assume the risk inherent in these activities.
- Release of Liability. I release Trinity Farm L.L.C Instructors and riding facility owners, agents, employees, successors or assigns, lessors and joint ventures from any and all liability, claims, demands,actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of any damages, both in law and in equity, in any way resulting from personal injuries, conscious suffering, death, or property damage sustained by me or by others arising out of horseback riding by me while taking horsemanship instruction, training horses, being escorted on trail rides, participating in group jumping or dressage lessons, while using riding facilities, or while grooming, caring for or exercising horses, or while participating in any of the activities conducted by Poppy Gunter Doyle, or during the transportation of horses and/or students. I hereby expressly waive all claims that I may have against Poppy Gunter Doyle and the owners of riding facility for each and all of the foregoing.
- Indemnity. I promise to exert every effort to control the horse which I may be riding or which I may have rented, as well as any other horses in my presence, so that no bodily injury or property damage is inflicted upon others. I hereby agree for myself, my heirs, personal representatives and assigns to indemnify and hold harmless Trinity Farm L.L.C Instructors and the owners, agents, employees, successors or assigns, lessors and joint ventures from any and all losses, claims, demands, actions, or proceedings of any kind which may be initiated against any of the foregoing by any person and arising out of any action o r inaction on my part or on the part of Trinity Farm L.L.C Instructors and/or riding facility, its owners, agents, employees, successors or assigns and in any way related to any of the activities described in the preceding paragraph or contemplated under this Agreement.
- Disputes. This Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state and county where the Trinity Farm L.L.C Instructors are located. Any dispute shall be litigated in the county in which Trinity Farm L.L.C Instructors are located.
Under Tennessee Law, an equine professional is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities, pursuant to Tennessee Code Annotated, title 44, chapter 20.
Release & Waiver of Liability
Legalese for Minors
THE FIELD BELOW SERVES AS MY SIGNATURE THAT I AM THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN OF THE STUDENT.
I AGREE TO THE PROVISIONS ABOVE AND HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE GENERAL TERMS SPELLED OUT ON THIS FORM. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE GENERAL TERMS PRINTED ABOVE THIS FORM. I AGREE ON BEHALF OF THE STUDENT AND MYSELF TO BE BOUND BY THOSE TERMS. IF THE STUDENT FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT OR CLAIMS NOT TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT BY REASON OF MINORITY STATUS OR OTHERWISE, I HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD TRINITY FARM L.L.C INSTRUCTORS OR THE RIDING FACILITY, ITS OWNERS, PARTNERS, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM ANY SUIT AGAINST TRINITY FARM L.L.C INSTRUCTORS BY THE STUDENT OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Legalese for Adults
THE FIELD BELOW SERVES AS MY SIGNATURE AS THE STUDENT/BOARDER THAT I AGREE TO THE PROVISIONS ABOVE AND HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE GENERAL TERMS SPELLED OUT ON THIS FORM. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING THE GENERAL TERMS PRINTED ABOVE THIS FORM. I AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THOSE TERMS. I HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD TRINITY FARM L.L.C INSTRUCTORS OR THE RIDING FACILITY, ITS OWNERS, PARTNERS, AGENTS, ATTORNEYS, EMPLOYEES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR LOSSES RESULTING FROM ANY SUIT AGAINST TRINITY FARM L.L.C INSTRUCTORS BY THE STUDENT OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT.